This build is a revision of 0.9.3, which fixes the following issues for real:
- Fixes an issue where biometrics did not work for some users
- Fixes an issue where the touch screen became unresponsive for some users
- Fixes an issue where the loader app may not have appeared on the homescreen
- Fixes an issue where the iPad Smart Keyboard did not work
- Fixes an issue where the fast charging functionality did not work on some devices
- Fixes an issue where the taptic engine did not work on some devices
- Detect a case where the user may have an OTA update downloaded, which caused issues for some users
The loading mechanism for substrate has been rewritten from the ground up in this beta to improve the stability of the device.
This beta also adds an option to boot into no-substrate mode. To utilize this functionality, check the no-substrate mode option in the app.
checkra1n will eventually support all devices between the iPhone 5s and the iPhone X, however, this beta lacks support for the following devices:
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 5th Gen
- iPad Pro 1st Gen
Support for these devices will be added in a later release.
Support for the following devices is experimental, and may require more attempts than usual:
- iPhone 5s
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Air
Reliability on these devices will be improved in future releases.
This beta is only available for macOS. Work is ongoing to support Windows and Linux, which will be added in a later release.
At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers is coming soon, and will not require a checkra1n update.